The CRC: More Than 20 Years of Cooperation and Collaboration
Established in 1992, the Butler County Community Resource Council now manages an annual budget of more than $1 million and has engaged more than 300 volunteers in its programs and initiatives.
The CRC was established as a not-for-profit corporation in the state of Missouri and in 1997 became a Missouri Caring Communities Initiative.
The CRC exists to promote coordination and cooperation between social services providers, churches, the business community and the educational system, in order to empower families and individuals to become more self-reliant, responsible and resourceful. The combined efforts of this council will result in more effective use of diminishing resources.
Butler County will be:
- A better place to raise a family
- A community where coordination and cooperation are the rule of thumb and not the exception.
- A community where services will be integrated so there will be no wrong door and services can be mobilized to the need.
- A community where available resources will be fully utilized and additional resources can be effectively developed as needed.
- Butler County will be a place where citizens can look for a way to help one another, not with a hand-out, but with a hand-up.
Partnership Core Results
- Parents working
- Children safe on their families, and safe in their communities
- Young children ready to enter school
- Children and families that are healthy
- Children and youth succeeding in school
- Youth ready to enter the workforce and become productive citizens
Four Policy Directions
- Increase the accountability of communities and agencies to improve results.
- Change the way services are delivered by integrating and locating them in the neighborhoods where children go to school and families live.
- Change the way services are financed by pooling funds more flexibly across state agencies and communities, and by tying program funding to the results they produce.
- Change the way decisions are made by involving neighborhood residents and community stakeholders in decisions that affect their well being.